SHS offers a diverse range of programs designed to promote our mission. Through partnerships with Community Learning Gardens and Urban Farms, we have developed interactive environmental resource centers for local communities.
SHS Learning Gardens and Farms serve as outdoor classrooms that advocate environmental literacy. These classrooms promote healthy lifestyles through organic gardening and farming and teach people in our local communities about good nutrition. They provide professional development for educators, introduce teens and young adults to green jobs and careers in the environmental sector, and serve as locations to teach current sustainable techniques. SHS is currently partnered with sites in East Lake, Chastain Park, The Good Samaritan Health Center, and English Avenue.
Some of our other programs and events include:
- The Southeastern Flower Show
- Annual Plant Sale
- Farm, Fork & Cork – SHS’s farm-to-table dinner event
- Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles Christmas House benficiary
- The East Lake Farmer’s Market
- Educational events including lectures, workshops, classes, local food activities, garden and natural area tours, all hosted by professionals involved in the plant industry